- Conservative estimates place as many as 14,000 people each year in the U.S. bitten by rats.
- Filth flies can carry diseases such as E. coli, leprosy, typhoid and polio.
- African weaver ants can haul prey weighing more than 1,000 times their own weight up trees to their nests mainly through the aid of large adhesive pads on each foot.
- 36% of the reported Hantavirus cases in the United States have resulted in death. Hantavirus is a virus spread by rodents.
- A queen bee can lay her weight in eggs each day, laying 1 per minute, all day and all night, for a total of 1,500 eggs in 24 hours, and 200,000 in a year.
- Earwigs got their name from the myth that they crawl into sleeping people's ears and tunnel into the brain.
Serving Central Massachusetts