- Caterpillars may have over 4000 separate muscles. Humans have only 792.
- Of the 20 million people in Latin America who are infected by Chagas disease, a serious kissing bug-borne illness, about 50,000 die annually.
- Bees must collect the nectar from 2,000 flowers to make 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Cicadas breathe through spiracles - small holes in the abdomen.
- Men claim their number one pest concern to be termites (24%) while women put spiders as their number one pest concern (16%).
- The Madagascan Hissing Cockroach is one of the few insects who give birth to live young, rather than laying eggs.
Serving Central Massachusetts