House flies procreate quickly and in large quantities. While they have been known to move 20 miles from where they were hatched, they typically stay within a mile of their birthplace. Do to their attraction to manure and other organic matter, the NPMA recommends that homeowners follow these tips to help prevent house flies in their own homes:
- Keep kitchen trash in sealed containers and the receptacles as clean as possible.
- Dispose of waste regularly and keep away from your home. Be aware of sources of excessive moisture.
- Keep counters and surfaces clean.
- Prevent home access by keeping doors, windows and vents closed when possible.
- Properly screen windows and seal potential entryways, repairing any rips or tears in screens.
- If you have dogs, horses or other animals near the home, remove feces from the yard and surrounding areas.
Dave's Pest Control
A Central Massachusetts Extermination and Pest Control Company
Worcester County Pest and Rodent Exterminators